We are very pleased to invite you to participate in the inaugral Community Energy Congress.
Across Australia, communities are coming together to pursue genuine sustainability opportunities, and few are as compelling as community energy projects. Communities are leading the way in creating sustainable energy enterprises that increase local energy security, create regional community development opportunities and directly act to reduce carbon emissions.
At the 2014 Community Energy Congress, we can create a new approach to energy in Australia - to decarbonise, decentralise and democratise our energy system!
Register for the conference OR
find out more and register your interest.
International experience shows community energy has the potential to transform our energy system. Come and be part of this event that will, for the first time, bring together all the key players in this powerful, emerging sector.
At the Community Energy Congress, you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear inspiring national and international speakers and case studies;
- Build relationships and networks with those who work in community energy in Australia, including people from mainstream energy networks, retailers and renewable energy businesses, as well as government and community energy project leaders;
- Discuss how community energy can be used to promote
sustainable regional development and renewable energy sector development in Australia;
- Participate in interactive sessions on renewable energy
technologies and community energy business models;
- Learn more about energy regulatory and policy processes, reforms and opportunities;
- Provide input to the Community Energy Strategy for Australia, including helping to identify and refine strategies to grow the community energy sector across the country;
- Help launch and join the Coalition for Community Energy (C4CE); and
- Develop the essential skills needed to grow and sustain a
community energy project.
Register NOW and receive a fantastic Early Bird discount.
The Congress is being organised by the Coalition for Community Energy (C4CE), whose founding organisations are the Institute for Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology Sydney, Starfish Enterprises, the Alternative Technology Association, the Community Power Agency, Embark, Total Environment Centre, the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, Backroad Connections and Sustainable Regional Australia.
Initial funding for the Congress has been kindly provided by ARENA (the Australian Renewable Energy Agency) as part of the development of a National Community Energy Strategy.
The Congress organising team will be releasing the full Congress website and prgram in early 2014. In the meantime, if you have suggestions for sessions or ideas on how we can make the Congress a success, please add them when you register your interest.
We would love you to join us at this significant event for the
Australian community energy sector. This is a great opportunity to meet other organisations and people from the community energy sector. Your participation will be a valuable contribution to this Australia-wide gathering.